Girl badly burned making popular kids project

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
A Massachusetts girl is recovering after getting burned on a popular do-it-yourself project.
Kathleen Quinn was making homemade slime recently and while at a sleepover she noticed her hands were in pain.
Her parents took her to the hospital where doctors determined her hands had second- and third-degree burns.
"It felt like really hot and tingly," she said.
Doctors determined that blisters on Kathleen's hands came from extended exposure to Borax One, which is an ingredient in homemade slime.
Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.