4-year-old boy dies in accidental hanging in dressing room

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MANKATO, Minn. — A 4-year-old boy died in a Minnesota thrift store Saturday in what local authorities there are calling a tragic accident, WCCO reports.

Police responded to the Minnesota Valley Action Council thrift store and found that the boy had been in a changing room by himself.

The boy’s hoodie reportedly got stuck on a coat hanger attached to the wall and the boy suffocated.

Police told WCCO they do not suspect foul play.

A GoFundMe page set up to help fund the boy’s funeral expenses identifies him as Ryu Pena.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.