Several people taken to hospital for possible carbon monoxide poisoning at Clemmons restaurant

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

New Forsyth County EMS bus

CLEMMONS, N.C. – About a dozen people were taken to the hospital after showing signs of carbon monoxide poisoning Saturday night at a restaurant in Clemmons.

An off-duty firefighter was at the River Ridge Taphouse at 1480 River Ridge Drive when he noticed signs of carbon monoxide poisoning, according to Forsyth County EMS.

The firefighter reported the incident and firefighters from Lewisville and Forsyth County and EMS responded.

Six ambulances and an ambulance bus responded to the scene. About 32 people showed symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning and about a dozen were transported.

An equipment malfunction in the building is suspected to be the cause of the incident.

Google Map for coordinates 36.074499 by -80.391525.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.