Ohio pizza restaurant employees save couple who overdosed in car

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

COLERAIN, Ohio -- Several employees at an Ohio pizzeria hopped into action Tuesday morning after they discovered two people passed out in the parking lot from an apparent overdose.

Employee Desi Patterson posted a video on Facebook detailing the rescue.

The workers, who quickly realized what was happening, administered Narcan they got from a nurse to reverse the effects of an overdose.

"They were hugging like they died together. They were hugging one another. We pulled them apart and threw them back because I wanted to clear their airway,” said employee Stacy Patterson, according to WXIX.

In a status posted Tuesday afternoon, Desi highlighted the importance of sharing the video, even if it only helps one person.

Just spoke to Fankie Jupiter from Channel 19, our videos have went viral and we will make it on the news tonight! If you know someone who is suffering from addiction have them tune in! Even if our videos push just one person in the right direction then the videos where worth being posted and shared!

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.