North Carolina teen enters electrified pool water, drowns

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Rachel Rosoff, 17.

RALEIGH, N.C. — A 17-year-old North Carolina girl was found dead Saturday afternoon after she entered the electrified water at a pool and drowned.

Crews responded to an electrocution and possible drowning call at about 2:30 p.m. and found Rachel Rosoff dead in the water, according to WNCN.

“The preliminary autopsy results are consistent with the decedent entering the pool that had an electrical charge that may have rendered the decedent unconscious apparently leading to drowning,” Wake County officials said in a release.

According to 911 records, an employee saw Rosoff floating face down in the water when they got to the pool to begin their shift on Saturday.

Sept. 5 was the last day the pool was set to be open for the year.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.