NC man burns down shed while blowtorching spider webs

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Stock photo of spider webs (Thinkstock)

IREDELL COUNTY, N.C. – A North Carolina man has burned down a shed while blowtorching spider webs, according to the Hickory Daily Record.

A 74-year-old Iredell County man was using a blowtorch to remove the webs from a shed near his home Wednesday when it happened.

No injuries were reported, but the man estimated about $25,000 worth of damage to tools and equipment. He said he also lost a 100-pound filleted catfish that he caught.

It took firefighters about 20 minutes to have the situation under control. The fire may have started when one of two propane tanks stored in the shed exploded.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.