Teenager dies after hickey from girlfriend causes stroke

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

(Ambulance stock image)

MEXICO CITY — A teenager in Mexico City died from a stroke caused by a hickey he received from his girlfriend.

Julio Macias Gonzalez, 17, was eating dinner with his family when he began having convulsions, according to the Independent.

The family called paramedics, but by the time emergency crews got to his house, he was dead.

Local media outlets reports say the doctors believe pressure from the hickey suck caused a blood clot, which in turn traveled to his brain and caused the fatal stroke.

The teenager’s parents blamed the girlfriend for his death.