Customers rescue employees at Texas Church’s Chicken after floor collapses

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

LIVINGSTON, Texas — Three severely burned Church’s Chicken employees were transported to a local hospital Monday night after the floor collapsed, causing a deep fryer to fall and splash cooking oil all on employees.

Gary Bryant and his friend Margaret Henderson were ordering food when the incident happened, KTRK reports. Luckily, they were able to save two of the workers, but another female employee was stuck in between two appliances.

“That girl in there was literally cooking,” Henderson said, according to KTRK. “Her body was cooking in the grease.”

All three were sent to a local hospital and are in critical condition.

There is no word on why the floor collapsed.