Girl bitten by dog inside Greensboro elementary school cafeteria; 2 dogs taken by animal control
GREENSBORO, N.C. — A third-grade girl was bitten by a dog inside a Greensboro elementary school cafeteria on Tuesday evening.
Guilford County EMS and Greensboro police were dispatched Pilot Elementary School, located at 4701 Chimney Springs Drive, at 4:50 p.m. in reference to an animal bite.
A school employee told FOX8 two dogs from a home near the school got out of a backyard and somehow got into the cafeteria. At least one of the dogs bit the girl, who was at the school for an after-school program.
The girl was taken to an urgent care facility with injuries that are not believed to be serious.
The two dogs have been taken by animal control.