NC boy digging for worms bit by venomous snake
MOORESVILLE, N.C. — A 12-year-old boy was bitten on the hand by a venomous snake Monday while he was digging for worms. The boy is recovering in the hospital.
Authorities said the boy was hanging out at a neighborhood dock in Mooresville, WSOC reported.
The boy described the snake as small and brown.
“It eases my mind that he is going to be OK but also, we are going to be a lot more aware now and make sure that the kids know what to do if something like that happens,” the boy’s mom, Torie Mathis, told WSOC.