North Carolina teen charged for alleged ‘kill list’

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Classroom (Stock image)

FUQUAY-VARINA, N.C. — A 16-year-old student was charged Monday after police say he made a “kill list” containing the names of several of his classmates at Fuquay-Varina High School.

Officers with the Fuquay-Varina Police Department received reports of the alleged “kill list” on March 16, according to WRAL.

The student, who police identified on their Facebook page, was removed from the school’s campus.

On March 17, officers received a second report saying an additional suspect approached students at the school and told them where they were on the alleged “kill list.”

When questioned about the incident, the second suspect who was only identified as A.G., admitted his involvement in creating the list.

Police have not been able to verify the existence of the handwritten list so far.

The first suspect is facing two counts of communicating threats. Authorities say more charges are possible as the investigation continues.

In an online statement, the principal of the high school said none of the students were ever in any danger and that no violence ever occurred on school grounds.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.