Dog saves owner from North Carolina house fire
GASTONIA, N.C. — Authorities said a dog saved its owner from a North Carolina house fire, waking up the resident during the blaze.
WCNC reported that the fire was reported just before 1 a.m. Sunday in Gastonia. No injuries were reported.
About 20 firefighters had the fire out within about 10 minutes, according to WCNC. The fire was caused by an electrical malfunction in the house’s heating system.
An estimated $10,000 worth of damage was reported. Fire crews arriving on the scene reportedly found fire coming from the back of the home.
The residence did not have a working smoke alarm, according to authorities.