Dog saves owner from North Carolina house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

(Stock photo)

GASTONIA, N.C. — Authorities said a dog saved its owner from a North Carolina house fire, waking up the resident during the blaze.

WCNC reported that the fire was reported just before 1 a.m. Sunday in Gastonia. No injuries were reported.

About 20 firefighters had the fire out within about 10 minutes, according to WCNC. The fire was caused by an electrical malfunction in the house’s heating system.

An estimated $10,000 worth of damage was reported. Fire crews arriving on the scene reportedly found fire coming from the back of the home.

The residence did not have a working smoke alarm, according to authorities.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.