13 great Valentine’s Day deals and steals
After buying jewelry and flowers on top of a pricey romantic dinner, Americans may spend more on Valentine’s Day this year than ever before.
According to the National Retail Federation’s Valentine’s Day Consumer Spending Survey, 54.8 percent of consumers will spend an average of $146.84 on flowers, jewelry, candy and apparel this year. That’s up from an average spending of $142.31 last year.
Total spending is expected to reach a record survey high of $19.7 billion.
With that in mind, FOX8 has compiled a list of deals in an effort to keep your bank account intact.
Sales on flowers and candy
- 1-800-Flowers: By having Valentine’s Day flowers delivered Friday you can save 20 percent using the promo code VDAYEARLY20. There are also some more price-friendly arrangements in the sale section of the website.
- ProFlowers: Check ProFlowers deal of the day section. Today’s deal includes a bouquet, a red vase, chocolates and a bear for $49.95.
- Godiva: Use the coupon code TRUFFLES to get free shipping on online orders of $65 or more until March 31. ***NOTE*** This offer, unfortunately, doesn’t seem to work on chocolate dipped strawberries.
- Edible Arrangements: Use the coupon code HTAG0161 to save $5 on orders of $29 or more. Also, check out the sale section of the website for more offers. If you order using the promo code SAVE1511 today, Feb. 11, you can get 15 percent off of your order. The catch is that the order has to be delivered or picked up the same day. The offer expires at noon.
Deals for a fun night out or a cozy night in
- Qdoba Mexican Eats: Get a free entree with the purchase of one entree if you kiss someone at the restaurant on Valentine’s Day. According to the fine print of Qdoba’s website, this offer is only valid at participating restaurants so call ahead to make sure before you smooch in line. There’s also a “Kiss Cam Sweepstakes” to win up to $500 for a selfie of you kissing anything. Post your selfie to Twitter or Instagram using #QdobaForAKissSweeps from Feb. 10 to Feb. 15 for a chance to win.
- Restaurant.com: Get three $50 Restaurant.com gift cards for $30.
- Waffle House: Waffle House wouldn’t normally sound like the most romantic spot for Valentine’s Day dinner, but for the ninth year in a row, Waffle House is offering a special menu for the evening. Reservations are strongly suggested.
- Wine.com: Get $5 shipping on all gift baskets using the code SHIPGIFTS.
- Wine and Chocolate Pairing at Stonefield Cellars: Stonefield Cellars is hosting “Sweetheart Sunday,” which includes a wine and chocolate pairing. The event is a day after Valentine’s Day from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. Tickets are $15 per person and couples can sample seven wines, five of which are paired with chocolate.
- Chocolate and Wine Tasting at Grove Winery: This tasting includes three locally-made truffles and three Grove wine tastings. Tickets are $12.50 per person and tastings are available anytime on Feb. 13 or Feb. 14. Call ahead for reservations.
Gifts for that special someone
- Victoria’s Secret: Shop the two for $10 deals in Victoria’s Secret Fantasies collection.
- Kay Jewelers: Save up to 40 percent off select jewelry during the online-only Valentine’s Day sale. Kay Jewelers is also offering free overnight shipping with no minimum purchase.
- Perfumania: Use the coupon code PFM20 to get 20 percent off and free shipping.