Chef Jay Pierce and Bartender Mark Weddle from Marshall’s Freehouse in Greensboro showed us how to throw a winning Super Bowl Party this Sunday.
They showed us everything from drinks like Cam’s Cooler and Keep Pounding Punch, to a yummy black and blue dip!
Yield: 3 cups
- 1cup red onions: small diced
- ¼ cup cilantro: chopped
- 3 each avocado: pitted and crushed
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp flake salt
- 2 each Roma tomatoes: scooped, small dice
- 1 each jalapeno: seeded, minced
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Serve with tortilla chips
Shrimp with Cocktail
At one point in our nation’s history, this was a gourmet dish that symbolized luxury. That era has gone the way of the passenger pigeon, and now bottled cocktail sauces are available just about anywhere. Countless pale imitations do not lessen the experience of pristine jumbo shrimp cooked well, dipped in a delightfully tangy sauce. Please feel free to adapt this to your liking.
- ¼ cup prepared horseradish
- 1 cup Heinz Ketchup
- ¼ cup Crystal Hot Sauce
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 gallon water
- 1/3 cup kosher salt
- 2 lemons, cut in half
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- ½ large yellow onion, sliced
- 4 bay leaves
- ¼ cup red chili flakes
- 2 pounds jumbo shrimp, peeled (U15)
Combine all ingredients except shrimp in a stock pot. Bring to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes. Add shrimp. Return to a boil. Cook for 1 minute, then turn off heat and allow to soak for 5 minutes before removing shrimp. Cool shrimp.
Serve shrimp on platter, arranged artfully with celery leaves, and dipping bowl of cocktail sauce. Or, make individual servings by dividing cocktail sauce by four and placing in the bottom of a martini glass and using shrimp to line the glass, hooking their tails over the rim.
Blue and White Dip
- 2 cans cannellini beans, drained
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1/3 cup gorgonzola blue cheese
- Puree beans in a food processor, add remaining ingredients one at a time.
- Pulse until smooth puree is achieved.
- Scrape down sides and pulse again.
- Dip can be eaten at room temperature or microwaved for 45-60 seconds.
Great served with tortilla chips.
Makes – 3 cups; should serve 6 people
Keep Pounding Punch
- 24 oz (1 btl) Topo Vodka
- 12 oz (1/2 btl) Blue Curacao
- 32 oz Peach-Lemonade
- 24 oz (1 btl) Sparkling Wine
- Combine all in punch bowl with slices of lime and lemon. Serve over ice with a lemon slice.
Cam’s Cooler N/A
- 1 scoop Blue Raspberry Sorbet
- .75 oz Fresh Lime Juice
- Top with Lemon-Lime Soda
- Combine in a tall glass and garnish with a lime wedge and raspberry.
- .75 oz Topo Moonshine
- .5 oz Blue Curacao
- .25 oz Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 oz White Grape Juice
- Combine all ingredients with ice and shake. Strain into a shooter glass.
- 1.25 oz Orange Vodka
- .75 oz Blue Curacao
- 2 oz ½ and ½
- Combine all ingredients with ice and shake. Strain into a martini glass and garnish with a Blue Frosted Mini-Cupcake.