More details released about Winston-Salem house fire that displaced two people

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – Two adults were displaced but nobody was hurt after a Winston-Salem house fire on Friday afternoon.

The fire was reported shortly after 1 p.m. at 1615 Heather Trace Lane. Officials said 42 fire personnel from multiple units the scene under control within about an hour.

Authorities called the structure a total loss, with more than $146,000 worth of structure damage and about $60,000 worth of damage to the contents.

The two people at the home were not hurt. The American Red Cross assisting the victims who were displaced from the fire.

The cause of the accidental fire was determined to be a ruptured light bulb from a mechanics drop light that ignited gasoline.

The fire department said stored gasoline and oil in the garage contributed to rapid spread of the fire.

The home is owned by American Homes For Rent and Joseph Spence was listed as the occupant.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.