Fire destroys NC home Christmas night, firefighters collect money for family

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Jamie Brinson

WAYNESVILLE, N.C. — A house fire Christmas night that destroyed the home of a Waynesville family is under investigation said the city’s fire chief.

Brent and Jamie Brinson left Christmas evening to eat dinner in Asheville. They returned to a home with smoke coming from the chimney.

“My husband had went to open the door. I was trying to get my son out of the truck, and he yelled at me to run and get our neighbor, said Jamie Brinson.

“I didn’t even know what was going on. I just ran over here waiting for them to answer the door and when I looked over here, you could just see the smoke pouring out of the house,” she said.


Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.