WINNING POWERBALL NUMBERS: 19-47-68-60-43 (10)

Woman hospitalized after Winston-Salem house fire on Christmas Eve

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

1683 Ashley School Circle, Winston-Salem (Credit: Google Maps)

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – One woman was hospitalized for smoke inhalation after a house fire in Winston-Salem on Christmas Eve.

The fire was reported at 1683 Ashley School Circle shortly before 11 a.m. Thursday, according to the Winston-Salem Fire Department.

Authorities said 13 firefighters had the situation under control in less than 10 minutes. About $150 in damage was reported.

The accidental fire was started by unattended food left on the stove, according to the fire department.

One woman was taken to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center for smoke inhalation and has since been released. Nobody was displaced and there were no other injuries reported.

Kristi Wall was listed as the homeowner and Sheila Phillips was listed as the occupant.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.