Woman passes out in North Carolina Walmart restroom after inhaling compressed air
WILMINGTON, N.C. – A North Carolina woman was arrested after being found passed out in a Walmart restroom after inhaling compressed air.
WECT reported that Chelsea Harris, 25, of Raleigh, was found unconscious in the women’s restroom of a Wilmington Walmart at about 11:30 p.m. Wednesday.
The suspect allegedly passed out after inhaling a can of compressed air. She gained consciousness, refused help from emergency responders and was asked to leave, according to WECT.
But shortly after, the same thing happened again. Emergency responders were called after the same woman was found passed out at the same Walmart.
After the second incident, she was charged with inhaling toxic vapors, possession of substances for inhalation and shoplifting. The suspect was placed in the New Hanover County Jail under a $1,500 bond.
Inhaling compressed air can give users a feeling of euphoria. But “dusting” and “huffing” can result in damage to the brain, lungs, heart, kidneys and liver and can cause death.