70-year-old NC woman killed in house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Stock photo

WILSON, N.C. — A woman died after accidentally starting a fire in her Wilson home early Saturday.

The woman, who was in her 70s, was refueling a kerosene heater when the fire ignited around 2:30 a.m.

Authorities said the fire left the Walnut Street home a total loss.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.