— NEW: Three people have been arrested near the west German town of Aachen in connection with the attacks in Paris, according to German media reports.
— NEW: Prior to the Paris terrorist attacks, France and its allies tried to target Abdelhamid Abaaoud, the prominent ISIS member believed to have planned the attack, a French source close to the investigation said. But they were unable to locate him, the source told CNN.
Officials have identified some of the seven attackers who were killed during the wave of violence, a suspect who is still at large and a senior ISIS member who’s believed to have masterminded the operation.
— Suspected ringleader: Abdelhamid Abaaoud is believed by counterterrorism officials to be the likely link between the senior ISIS leadership and the militant group’s operatives in European countries. He was linked to a plan to attack Belgian police that was thwarted in January. His current whereabouts are unknown.
— On the lam: Salah Abdeslam, a 26-year-old French citizen, is the subject of an international arrest warrant and described by authorities as dangerous. Police stopped him hours after the attacks on his way toward the Belgian border but let him go because he apparently hadn’t yet been linked to the terrorist operation.
— Suicide bombers: Officials have identified three French men in their 20s as being among the dead attackers: Samy Amimour, Ismael Omar Mostefai and Bilal Hadfi. The French newspaper Le Monde reports that Ibrahim Abdeslam, Salah’s older brother, was also one of suicide bombers.
— Passport puzzle: Authorities say they still trying to determine whether a Syrian passport linked to one of the attackers, who is believed to have entered Europe among the flow of migrants into Greece, is authentic. The passport, which some officials have suggested is forged, carries the name of Ahmad al Mohammad, a 25-year-old man from Idlib, Syria.
— The unknowns: No names have so far been linked with two of the other dead attackers. It’s also unclear whether any of the terrorists’ accomplices are still at large. Belgian authorities say two men detained over the weekend in connection with the attacks are now under arrest for “attempted terrorism and participation in the activities of a terrorist group.”
— Syria connection: The Paris attacks were planned in Syria and organized in Belgium, French President Hollande said. Six of the Paris attackers spent time in Syria, according to CNN affiliate BFMTV in France.
— Hollande will visit Washington next week, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said.
— In a rare address to a joint session of Parliament on Monday, Hollande said he wants to extend by three months the state of emergency declared on the night of the attacks.
— He also proposed measures that would allow France to deport suspected terrorists or strip them of their citizenship, even if they were born in the country.
— French warplanes carried out a new round of airstrikes on ISIS’ Syrian stronghold of Raqqa early Tuesday. Independent activists reported seven strikes and at least three major explosions in the city.
— The expected arrival of aircraft carrier Charles de Gaulle in the eastern Mediterranean this week will triple the country’s ability to carry out those strikes, Hollande said.
— French authorities carried out 128 new security raids overnight into Tuesday, officials said.
— French authorities say they have taken 23 people into custody, put 104 under house arrest and seized weapons that include a rocket launcher.
— Security will be tight when France plays England at Wembley Stadium on Tuesday. It’ll be the French team’s first match since the attacks, some of which took place outside the stadium where it was playing Friday.
— Belgian officials called off a scheduled football match in Brussels on Tuesday between Belgium and Spain because of security concerns.
— Belgium has raised its terrorist alert level to 3 (out of a maximum of 4), the country’s Interior Ministry’s Crisis Center said late Monday.
— The Russian Metrojet plane jet that crashed over the Sinai last month was brought down by a bomb estimated to contain 1 kilogram (2.2 pounds) of explosives, the head of the Russian Federal Security Service said. ISIS claimed responsibility for the attack.
— In a purported ISIS video, a fighter says the terror organization will “strike America in its own stronghold in Washington.”
— The FBI and Department of Homeland Security say there’s “no credible threat to the United States,” but law enforcement officials in the U.S. capital say they’re stepping up security.
— At least 26 U.S. states have said they won’t accept any refugees from Syria. The State Department said it is taking the governors’ concerns seriously, but it remains “steadfastly committed” to bringing in 10,000 refugees next year, spokesman Mark Toner said. Officials in six states say they’ll continue accepting Syria’s refugees.