Burlington man, 6 others arrested on drug charges; cocaine and nearly $400K seized
ALAMANCE COUNTY, N.C. — A Burlington man and six others have been arrested on drug charges after a weeks-long investigation.
In September 2015, the Alamance Narcotics Enforcement Team (ANET) received information relating to cocaine trafficking in the Burlington and Alamance County area.
During the course of an investigation, individuals in Alamance County, as well as other areas of North Carolina, were identified as participants in multi-kilogram cocaine trafficking organization.
On Thursday, ANET along with other law enforcement agencies executed search warrants at 1336 Monroe Holt Road in Burlington; 909 Oakdale Drive Lot #9 & 30 in Hillsborough; 1039 Torrence Drive in Apex; 128 40th Ave. PL NW in Hickory; and 624 Overlook Drive in Newton.
Officers seized 18.5 kilograms of cocaine, $372,368.00 in U.S. Currency, firearms and a bullet-proof vest.
Investigators also arrested the following individuals in connection with the investigation:
- Fermin Salas-Lopez of 128 40th Ave. PL NW in Hickory, charged with one count conspiracy to sell/deliver cocaine and OFA/FTA trafficking cocaine.
- Liliana Escamilla of 128 40th Ave. PL NW in Hickory, with one count conspiracy to sell/deliver cocaine.
- Jose De Jesus Arias-Santana of 128 40th Ave. PL NW in Hickory, with one count felony possession of cocaine.
- Koji Kiceen Farrington of 1039 Torrence Drive in Apex, with two counts trafficking cocaine.
- John Albert Hester of 1336 Monroe Holt Road in Burlington, with one count conspiracy to sell/deliver cocaine.
- Alejandro Gonzalez-Curtador of 909 Oakdale Drive Lot #9 in Hillsborough, with one count conspiracy to sell/deliver cocaine.
- Quentin Antonio Mitchell of 419 N. Fifth St. in Mebane, with one count trafficking cocaine and one count conspiracy to sell/deliver cocaine.
ANET was assisted in their investigation by Apex Police Department, Cary Police Department, Hickory Police Department, Newton Police Department and the Orange County Sheriff’s Office.
The investigation is ongoing and further arrests are anticipated.