GREENSBORO, N.C. — Two Triad cities topped the list of the most driver-friendly locations in the U.S.
In the WalletHub study, Greensboro was listed as the fourth most driver-friendly city and Winston-Salem was listed ninth.
Two other North Carolina cities also made the list. Durham ranked seventh and Raleigh was ranked 10th.
In the study, WalletHub compared the 100 most populated cities based on metrics such as average gas prices, average annual traffic delays, rates of car theft and car clubs per capita.
The study found the following:
- The average annual hours of traffic delays are six times higher in Washington than in Bakersfield, Calif.
- The rate of car thefts is 27 times higher in Detroit than in Irvine, Calif.
- The number of auto repair shops per 100,000 residents is 12 times higher in Orlando, Fla than in Boston.
- The average gas price in Los Angeles is twice as high as those in Tucson, Ariz.
- The average parking rate is 14 times more expensive in New York than in Greensboro, N.C.