GREENSBORO, N.C. — A Greensboro restaurant has been named the nation’s top burger restaurant by TripAdvisor.
Hops Burger Bar, located at 2419 Spring Garden St., was named No. 1 on TripAdvisor’s top-10 list of “America’s Best Burger Restaurants,” according to a news release on Wednesday.
TripAdvisor said of Hops Burger Bar in the news release:
Serving premium Angus burgers on buttery brioche buns, this popular eatery pairs each patty with a side of crispy fries salted to perfection. Guests can choose from a variety of burger options including the Hops Classic, or the Hawaiian topped with sweet and spicy chili sauce, blue cheese and grilled pineapple.
“Best burgers in Greensboro and beyond! If you like a thick and juicy burger, then this is the place for you,” commented a TripAdvisor reviewer.
Black Hills Burger and Bun Co. in Custer, S.D., came in No. 2. Nic’s Grill in Oklahoma City ranked No. 3.
According to a TripAdvisor survey, 20 percent of people said that hamburgers are the food of choice for the Independence Day holiday weekend.
“America’s Best Burger Restaurants”
1. Hops Burger Bar – Greensboro, N.C.
2. Black Hills Burger and Bun Co. – Custer, S.D.
3. Nic’s Grill – Oklahoma City
4. Billy Bob Dairyland – Branson, Miss.
5. Stock and Barrel – Knoxville, Tenn.
6. Coyote Bluff Café – Amarillo, Texas
7. MELT Gourmet Cheeseburgers – Leesburg, Va.
8. Village Burger – Waimea, Hawaii
9. Brook’s Gourmet Burgers and Dogs – Naples, Fla.
10. MacPhail’s Burgers – Jackson, Wyo.