Crews respond to HAZMAT situation in Greensboro

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

GREENSBORO, N.C. -- A Greensboro business was evacuated Tuesday after a nitrous oxide release.

According to the Greensboro Fire Department, a report came in about hazardous material being released into the Proctor & Gamble building located at 100 S. Swing Road.

The building was evacuated as a precaution, according to officials.

The spill happened during their manufacturing process and the company said it will look into what happened.

One person was checked at the scene but refused transport.

Employees were allowed to return to the building.

Google Map for coordinates 36.074221 by -79.911808.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.