Update: 3 officers, 2 residents hospitalized for carbon monoxide exposure

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Source: WSOC

MOORESVILLE, N.C. — Emergency crews had to transport five people — including three police officers — from a home in Mooresville early Thursday morning after they were exposed to carbon monoxide, according to officials.

Police were called to the home on Cinebar Road around 7:45 a.m. and officers found two females inside who were sick. The three officers noticed that the females were showing signs of CO exposure and were able to get them out of the house, but then became sick themselves.

All five were taken to a local hospital and are expected to be okay.

Four responding firefighters also fell ill but were treated at the scene.

Read more: WSOC

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.