Videos show storm damage around the Piedmont Triad

Smoke inhalation the primary cause of death in fatal Alamance Co. house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ALAMANCE COUNTY, N.C. — The primary cause of death of a woman who died in a house fire is smoke inhalation, according to an Alamance County official.

Forty-year-old Kristina Rutledge was found dead in a house Friday outside of Burlington, according to Kirk Puckett with the Alamance County Sheriff’s Office.

Officials say she lived at home with her boyfriend. He survived but could not save her. The victim’s dog also died.

Reports of the fire at 2946 Hickory Hill Road came in at about 8:30 a.m. Fire officials said it took four departments and 30 firefighters to get the flames under control.

A neighbor told FOX8 that Rutledge was the “sweetest lady you’d ever meet.”


Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.