GUILFORD COUNTY, N.C. — The snow has caused numerous accidents across the Piedmont Tuesday morning.
NCDOT Division 9 crews have been loading up with salt and are on the roads.
The City of Winston-Salem had 25 trucks out salting the road beginning at 4 a.m. Crews there are focusing on major roads and collector roads.
Highway Patrol officials said in just 12 hours they responded to 506 calls and 189 traffic accidents in Guilford County.
Greensboro city officials said that before 9 a.m. Greensboro Police/911 reported 83 traffic accidents with 19 injuries.
Forsyth County Emergency Services reports more than 100 minor accidents and about 15 more serious accidents. No serious injuries have been reported.
High Point Police have had about 15 accident calls.
In Burlington, thoroughfares and secondary roads have been salted and are mostly clear. Some neighborhood streets are still covered.
Here are some additional problem areas because of wrecks:
- Wreck on I-85 southbound in Burlington. Left lane has reopened near exit 143, NC-62
- The two right lanes of I-85 northbound have reopened near exit 84
- The merge lane reopened at exit 107-B on U.S. 52 northbound in Winston-Salem
- The right lane of I-40 westbound has reopened near exit 192 in Winston-Salem
- Tractor-trailer jackknifed and is blocking Highway 66 between 40 and Highway 311 near Kernersville
- Right lane has reopened near exit 8 on U.S. 421 northbound in Winston-Salem
- Left lane has reopened near exit 112 on U.S. 52 in Winston-Salem
- The right lane is closed near exit 7 on U.S. 421 southbound near Winston-Salem
- Left lane has reopened near exit 111-A on U.S. 52 northbound in Winston-Salem
- Wreck on U.S. 421 southbound in Winston-Salem. The left lane has reopened near exit 10, Old Greensboro Road
- Wreck on U.S. 421 southbound at Peace Haven Road
- Wreck on Business 40 at the Hastings Hill Road overpass
- Crash on U.S. 52 northbound south of I-40 near Main Street
- Single-car accident cleared off of Business 40 west near Cherry Street
- Wreck on I-40 westbound at Peters Creek Parkway
- Right lane reopened near exit 208 on I-40 in Greensboro
- Median reopened near exit 132 on I-85 east of Greensboro
- All lanes have reopened near exit 211 near Gallimore Diary Road in Greensboro
- One lane of West Wendover near I-40 closed
- The left lane is closed near exit 132 on I-85 northbound east of Greensboro
- The left lane and two right lanes are closed near exit 211 on I-40 eastbound in Greensboro
- Half a dozen wrecks reported along Wendover Avenue near I-40 in Greensboro
- Crash at I-40/I-85 split in Greensboro
- Wreck on Battleground Avenue at New Garden Road
Check back for updates throughout the day…