Man illegally burning leaves in Burlington accidentally burns down his house
BURLINGTON, N.C. — A man illegally burning leaves in Burlington accidentally set his house on fire on Sunday, according to authorities.
The fire started Sunday morning at 922 Bellvue St. One person lives at the home and was not injured, according to officials.
The home owner was out burning leaves and it caught the house on fire, according to fire officials. He was not legally burning the leaves, according to the fire chief.
The Piedmont saw powerful winds on Saturday night, causing some damage throughout the area.