Firefighters determine house fire in Asheboro caused by electrical issues

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ASHEBORO, N.C. -- Firefighters are battling a blaze that broke out in Asheboro Friday afternoon.

Crews responded to a call at 414 Old Liberty Road just before noon.

The daughter of the homeowner reported hearing popping sounds and seeing fire coming from an outlet.

When the fire department arrived, the fire was in the wall.

Asheboro Fire Department officials said the cause of the fire is electrical.

The house is a total loss.

Six people were displaced but no injuries were reported.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.