Lawsuit to be filed after carbon monoxide poisoning at hotel

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

BOONE, N.C. — The family of an elderly couple who died of carbon monoxide poisoning in a Boone hotel room plan to announce a lawsuit Tuesday.

Attorneys for the family of Daryl and Shirley Jenkins are filing the suit against Best Western International and other parties involved. The couple died in 2013 at a Best Western hotel in Boone.

Two years later, an 11-year-old boy died in the same room. The carbon monoxide was linked to a faulty heater.

Read more: WSOC

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.