NC motel fire displaces almost 90 people

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.


RALEIGH, N.C. — A fire at the Raleigh Inn in the 3500-block of Maitland Drive in Raleigh Monday afternoon has some people looking for a new place to call home.

For low-income Raleigh residents, the Raleigh Inn was one of the best deals in town. At $200 a week or $700 a month, it was affordable. However, after a fire broke out on the second floor Monday, there’s an air of uncertainty here.

“There’s about 20 rooms that you can’t return to and I’m one of them,” said Raleigh Inn resident Jennifer Bell.

Bell and her 9-year-old son, Sean, are two of 87 residents burned out of the only home they had.

Read more: WTVD

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.