Family, friends mourn NC man killed in camper fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Source: (WSOC)

ROWAN COUNTY, N.C. — A fire broke out at a mobile home killing a man Monday night in Salisbury, officials said.

A neighbor pulled the 56-year old from his camper and performed CPR in an attempt to save him.

Gene Hargett placed flowers feet from where he said his best friend died.

William Johnson was inside his camper when investigators said a fire started near the stove. Firefighters said they could hear explosions coming from the camper.  A neighbor who spotted the flames before they arrived ran right up to the camper and pulled the owner out.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.