5 creative recipes for Thanksgiving leftovers
After you eat that big Thanksgiving meal, you may have leftovers.
Here are some creative recipes for those delicious leftovers:
1. Thanksgiving Brunch Sandwich: Grill one piece of artisan wheat bread, spread 2tbsp of sweet potato casserole, top with 3 ounces of leftover turkey, add 1/2cup sautéed baby spinach, cover with two slices of Swiss cheese, and top with a sunny side up egg. Drizzle with a homemade cranberry mayonnaise to finish.
2. Moravian Turkey Pie: Fill an uncooked pie shell with 6 cups of leftover turkey, mixed with 3 cups of leftover turkey gravy, topped with another layer of pie crust. Decorate as you desire and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
3. Chipotle Turkey Quesadilla: Butter and grill a flour tortilla on both sides, add 1 cup of leftover turkey that has been sautéed with onions and green peppers, seasoned with canned chipotles and adobe sauce, cover with cheddar cheese, fold in half, cut into individual portions and serve with shredded lettuce, salsa, or toppings of your choice.
4. Leftover Thanksgiving Lasagna: Butter a 9in pie tin, press in 2 cups of leftover stuffing, top with 1 cup leftover turkey, and top with 3 slices of provolone cheese. Top this mixture with two cups of leftover green beans and carrots, and another 1 cup of turkey on top of the vegetables, then a layer of leftover mashed potatoes on top of that. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes and serve with leftover turkey gravy for dipping!
5. Turkey Turnovers: Roll out 5×5 squares of pie crust dough (or use store bough crescent rolls), spread with leftover sweet potatoes, 1tbsp leftover cranberry sauce, 2tbsp leftover turkey, 1tsp leftover turkey gravy, and fold over the dough into a triangle. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown.