Village Tavern in Winston-Salem evacuated after grease fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Village Tavern, Winston-Salem (Google)

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — The Village Tavern in Winston-Salem was evacuated early Saturday morning after a grease fire broke out in the kitchen area.

Crews responded to the fire at the Griffith Road location at 7:08 a.m.

All employees were evacuated from the business, which re-opened at 4:30 p.m. and remains open.

No one was injured.

Officials say the cause of the fire was due to built-up grease igniting in the cooking area.

Damage was estimated at $5,500.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.