Unattended food on stove causes apartment fire in Winston-Salem

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

(Stock photo)

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Food left unattended on a stove caused a house fire in Winston-Salem early Sunday morning.

Crews responded to the fire at about 2 a.m. at 2655 Toddler Place Drive.

The kitchen was destroyed by the fire.

After an investigation, it was discovered that unattended food left on the stove caused the fire.

An adult and two children were displaced.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.