Put on your running shoes, get your friends and family together and join in as Brenner Children’s Hospital kicks off the fall season with a 5K run/walk and FIT Fun Run.
The 4th annual Brenner FIT 5K Challenge will be 6:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 12, at the WFU Deacon Tower.
The 5K run/walk will start at 6:30 p.m. with the FIT Fun Run starting directly afterwards at 6:45 p.m.
FIT Zone opens at 5:30 p.m. with lots of fun hands-on activities including:
- Sugar Beverage Game
- Fruit and Veggie Twister
- Balanced Plate Relay
- Play a game of dodgeball, our version of course!
- Flavor Fear Factor-Do you dare taste!
- Life-size Jenga
- Play mini game of tennis with WS Open
- Shoe-fitting with Adidas
- Get in the dirt and start on own garden!
- Play the Exercise Walk with YMCA
- Spin the wheel for prizes from Omega Sports
- Tasty treats from Brynn's Frozen Yogurt
- Chili Contest- taste two healthy chili's prepared by Dr. Joey Skelton, Director of the Brenner FIT program and Chef Alfred, from WFBMC Food and Nutrition Services then tell us which one is your favorite.
For more information, visit www.brennerchildrens.org/Development/Brenner-FIT-Challenge/