Two adults displaced in Winston-Salem house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

The 4900 block of Tiffany Avenue in Winston-Salem (Google Maps)

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Authorities said two adults were displaced after a home accidentally caught fire from an electrical short in a wall outlet Friday in Winston-Salem.

Fire officials said it happened shortly before 5:30 p.m. at 4916 Tiffany Ave. and 16 firefighters had it under control within about 30 minutes.

No injuries were reported. About $2,000 worth of property damage was estimated to the home.

The American Red Cross is assisting with the people who were displaced, according to fire officials. Ben Scism is listed as the home’s owner.