Boy uses money saved for PS4 to buy smoke detectors after seeing fatal house fire on TV

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.


GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas — A 9-year-old Texas boy had saved up money for months to buy a PlayStation 4, but changed his mind on what to use the money for after seeing a report of a fatal house fire on television.

KTVT reports that Hector Montoya had almost reached his goal of having enough to purchase a PS4 when he saw a sad story on the news about a mother and daughter who were unable to get out of a burning home in time and died.

The home reportedly did not have a smoke detector.

After seeing this report, Hector decided to use all the money he had saved to purchase almost 100 smoke detectors, which the local fire department helped install in the homes of seniors and others in need.

“It really hurts my heart to see people die in fires,” Hector said.

Seeing the boy’s generosity, members of the Grand Prairie community purchased him a PS4.

Source: KTVT


Comments are closed.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.