Young girl finds Xanax inside Easter egg at school

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ROSEVILLE, Mich. – Police said a pre-school student in Michigan found a Xanax pill inside a plastic Easter egg at a school party.

The Macomb Daily News reported that it happened to a 4-year-old girl during an Easter egg hunt at Huron Park Elementary School in Roseville on Wednesday.

Instead of candy, this egg had a single dose of Alprazolam, a generic form of Xanax, used to treat anxiety and panic disorders. Possible side effects include tiredness, seizure and confusion.

“The little girl was opening the eggs and the pill just fell out onto the floor,” said Deputy Chief Donald Glandon, according to the paper.

The girl’s mother said she was by her child’s side when she found the pill. The mother then called the principal.

Officials said this is the only incident of its kind and the pill has been turned over to police. The investigation is ongoing.

Source: The Macomb Daily News


  • Jen

    Maybe it was just an accident and the pill belongs to whoever was making the easter eggs and it fell in or got mixed up with the candy without them noticing, just saying 😏

  • its my business

    @ Jen, possibly. I’m getting ready to fill plastic eggs for my 22 year old. Typically I put 1 dollar bills in them. hmmmm. Maybe I should surprise him with a Golden egg. Just kidding. This would bother me if I were the Mom of a small child. Accident or not …

  • JT

    To put up with a bunch of sugar-charged 4 year olds at an Easter egg hunt, I think I”D need the valium. Then again, giving them to the kids in their eggs may result in a more subdued egg hunt. I see it as a win-win for the egg hunt organizers.

Comments are closed.