Crews battle fire at Yadkin Co. business

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

(Stock photo)

YADKIN COUNTY, N.C. — Crews battled a fire at a business in Yadkin County early Tuesday morning.

Crews responded to Johnson’s Modern Electric at 6629 Old Highway 421 in East Bend around 5:05 a.m.

According to Forbush Fire Department Deputy Chief Dale Couch, the accidental fire was caused by a commercial heating device that was too close to combustible materials.

Couch said a pallet of electrical components in cardboard ignited in the warehouse which produced heavy smoke.

Crews had the fire under control in 25 minutes.

The business was back in operation at 9 a.m.

Damage was estimated at $5,000.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.