Two people displaced in Winston-Salem house fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

The 2400 block of Sink Street in Winston-Salem. (Google Maps)

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Authorities said two adults were displaced but no injuries were reported after a house fire in Winston-Salem.

Officials said 14 firefighters responded around 5 p.m. Friday at 2411 Sink St. and had the situation under control in about five minutes.

Fire officials said about $2,000 worth of property damage was reported to the home.

The fire was caused accidentally by an electrical short in the wiring in the attic, according to investigators.

The fire was extinguished after officials said it was found in the ceiling and attic space in one of the bedrooms.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.