Fire damages vacant apartment in Greensboro

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

GREENSBORO, N.C. — Officials say someone broke into an apartment in Greensboro and started a fire to stay warm which caused the building to go up in flames.

Crews arrived on the scene at 200 Huffman Street around 1:45 a.m. Tuesday.

Officials say the person who was keeping warm in the apartment escaped without injury.

There is no information about possible charges in the incident. There was an estimated $30,000 in damages to the building.

Roads were closed for a short time but have since reopened.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.