SC baby suffers burns after placed too close to heater

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ROCK HILL, S.C. — A baby from Rock Hill is at the burn center in Chapel Hill on Monday after being placed too close to a heater.

According to WBTV, the baby was injured while laying in a car seat in the living room around 8:30 a.m. Sunday morning.

A sibling reportedly moved the infant next to the heater, while the baby’s mother was asleep.

The infant was left in front of the heater for several minutes until he started to cry. The family then noticed the burns and called 911.

The case is under investigation.

Source: WBTV

2 comments

  • FaithC

    “A sibling reportedly moved the infant next to the heater, while the baby’s mother was asleep.”

    …and where was the rest of the family?

    You should have to take a test to have kids. There are so many who would fail.

  • Debbie

    If the mother was asleep wonder why the baby was in a car seat? Their house could be an old cold home and the sibling was trying to keep the baby warm while the mom was still in bed? Poor baby I hope it makes ba full recovery.

Comments are closed.