Boone police reschedule news conference in carbon monoxide deaths
BOONE, N.C. — Authorities have canceled a media conference about the investigation into three carbon monoxide deaths last year at a Boone motel.
According to a press release, Sergeant Shane Robbins of the Boone police department says the news conference planned Monday afternoon has been canceled due to severe weather conditions.
Robbins says the news conference will be rescheduled for Wednesday, Jan. 8, at 4:30 p.m.
Daryl Dean Jenkins and Shirley Mae Jenkins of Washington state died at the motel on April 16. On June 8, 11-year-old Jeffrey Lee Williams of Rock Hill, S.C., died in the same room.
Autopsies later confirmed all three guests died from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Officials have blamed a faulty pool heater for sending lethal levels of carbon monoxide into the room.