Cooking causes fire at Fayetteville apartments

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

(Stock photo)

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. — Authorities said no injuries were reported in a Fayetteville apartment fire which was accidentally started by cooking.

WTVD reported that Fayetteville firefighters battled a fire at Cambridge Arms Apartments Saturday night, arriving on the scene around 10 p.m.

Investigators said the fire spread to multiple units at the multi-story, multi-family home and a stairwell and caused smoke damage throughout.

Officials said the adjacent apartments were unoccupied. In total, the Red Cross is assisting an adult and two children that were displaced.

Source: WTVD

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.