Closings and delays

UNC dorm fire not an accident, investigators say

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Cobb Residence Hall at UNC-Chapel Hill

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. — Investigators are saying a dorm fire at UNC-Chapel Hill last week was not an accident.

Last week, nearly 400 students were displaced when Cobb Residence Hall caught fire.

It was determined that insulation on top of a light caused the fire. However, officials say the insulation was not supposed to be there.

Students who live near the fire damage will not be able to move back into their rooms for the rest of the semester.

The damage was too extensive.

No one was injured in the incident.