Woman identified in fatal Reidsville fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

(Stock photo)

REIDSVILLE, N.C. — Police have released the identity of a woman who died in a house fire in Reidsville on Saturday.

According to the News & Record, Jocelyn McCall, 60, died at her home at 2205 Belmont Drive.

The fire started about 3:05 p.m. from a candle on the first floor, Reidsville Fire Marshal Jay Harris said.

Firefighters reportedly found the McCall near the side door where it appeared she tried to escape.

McCall was taken to Annie Penn Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

The News & Record reported McCall died from carbon monoxide poisoning, according to the medical examiner.

The fire in the two-story home was complicated by a large amount of fabric that was stored in it as part of the family’s online business. The fabric caused the flames to spread.

Source: News & Record

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.