Raleigh home catches fire twice in 24 hours
RALEIGH, N.C. — A house in southeast Raleigh was badly damaged overnight after catching on fire twice within 24 hours, according to WTVD.
Firefighters were first called to the home in the 4000 block of Patriot Ridge Court Saturday night after heavy smoke was seen coming out of the attic of the two-story home.
Fire crews were called back to the home in the John’s Pointe subdivision around 2 a.m. Monday as flames engulfed the second floor.
Authorities told WTVD the second fire was not a result of embers from the first fire reigniting. They said the fires are being investigated as separate incidents.
Officials have not said what sparked the two blazes, but they are calling them suspicious.
The home was involved in a drug investigation last week and was abandoned, according to authorities.