Cory Monteith died of heroin and alcohol, coroner says

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

“Glee” star Cory Monteith died as a result of “a mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol,” the British Columbia Coroners Service said Tuesday.

“The cause of death was a mixed drug toxicity… and it involved heroin, primarily, and alcohol,” said B.C. Coroner Services spokeswoman Barb McLintock.

Monteith, 31, was found dead Saturday in a Vancouver hotel room after he missed his checkout time.

Monteith spent time in rehab this year, checking into a drug addiction treatment facility in late March.

The-CNN-Wire
™ & © 2013 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.